Sunday, April 8, 2012

Two new earrings-Seed beads

 Hand made beaded bead using size 11 seed beads.
 This was my first attempt at a ladder stitch and I have to say I was very happy with the results. 


I love seed beads.  Yes it can be tedious work, but I love the variety of colors and sizes.  If I can't find a bead in a color that I want, I just break out the old seed bead collection (I have more tubes of beads than I care to admit) and create a beaded bead.  The beads can be used in a variety of projects, one example is the earrings above.  Just add a head pin, crystal, beaded bead and some chain and you have a simple and lovely pair of earrings.  I used size 11, but I have also made some with 8 and they come out just as nice.  Or you can wrap them around a solid ring (I used copper) and make a pair of boho earrings.  Great if you have just a few left in your tube and don't know what to do with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment